Lanarchy LAN Events in North London Forum

Go Back   Lanarchy LAN Events in North London Forum > Gaming > Mobile Phones, Tablets & Gadgets

Old 28-06-11, 09:39 AM   #1
AndyCr15
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to AndyCr15 Send a message via Skype™ to AndyCr15
Default Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

I couldn't be bothered to wait the month or two for it to be released over here, so I got a Galaxy Tab 10.1 from a guy on eBay.

Having owned an Advent Vega, I thought I had no use for a tablet and only really bought the Tab to review for Hemorrdroids, thinking I would then sell it on.

The difference from the Vega to the Tab is game changing though. The Vega I found I couldn't really leave on, lying next to my bed. The battery wasn't great and it would turn WiFi off with the screen, so it's not like it would have all my mail and tweets waiting for me when I turned it on.

Add to that, it was a pain having to hold it at just the right angle so the screen looked okay... I just didn't want to use it and it sat in a bag until I sold it last month.

The Galaxy Tab on the other hand, great screen, great build quality, feels very solid but at the same time, very light. The screen looks great and Honeycomb looks fantastic, especially the apps that have been made to take advantage of the screen. I actually prefer checking mail on the Tab than on my PC!

It's early days, next weeks holiday will be a decent test of it.
AndyCr15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-12, 04:01 PM   #2
Eostre

I'm thinking about getting the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, but a couple of things are making me hesitate:

- I've heard Google will be releasing their own tablet in the very near future, might it be better than Samsung's offering?

- I'm not sure whether to get the wifi-only version, or go for one with 3G as well? Looking at Carphonewarehouse, data plans seem very limited.

- Cost - these things ain't cheap!

What was your overall opinion of the 10.1? I definitely do not want an iPad
Old 02-01-12, 07:58 PM   #3
AndyCr15
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to AndyCr15 Send a message via Skype™ to AndyCr15

10.1 is very nice. I love the design of it. There is the Transformer Prime due out any time soon, which would probably be worth a look.

Yes, I hear Google will have a Nexus tablet out in the next 6 months, but they don't always push it with hardware, so don't know if it's worth waiting for at this point.
AndyCr15 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
101, galaxy, samsung, tab