Lanarchy LAN Events in North London Forum

Go Back   Lanarchy LAN Events in North London Forum > Gaming > PC Gaming

Old 16-08-10, 08:24 AM   #121
Magman

Send a message via MSN to Magman

First, hello all, nice to see Lanarchy is still going on. Was it Lanarchy 2 or perhaps 3 that was in central London?

I was just wondering if any of you are playing Age of Conan. I have for a while and have been having a blast. The expansion is great and the game is just fun. The new raids and instances are just superb.

The instances are done in 6 man dungeon, they are so fun and obviously Ventrilo or Team Speak is required, but I would think that in a Lanarchy it would be great, people could see how one play and learn a lot. The Instances are very much about cooperation and Funcom has really out did temself with those short but very fun instances.

Anyways, Nice to pass by and say hello.
Magman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-10, 08:26 AM   #122
HUNTER
Major

Send a message via ICQ to HUNTER Send a message via AIM to HUNTER Send a message via MSN to HUNTER

Welcome back. I played it until I hit 40 and got bored. Gave up on MMOs while I finished University but am now back playing WoW.
15/16 4-9-0 | 16/17 9-4-0 | 17/18 6-2-0
HUNTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-10, 08:43 AM   #123
Magman

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUNTER View Post
Welcome back. I played it until I hit 40 and got bored. Gave up on MMOs while I finished University but am now back playing WoW.
You should give AoC an other look, the end game content is really incredible. To what I am told, much better than WoW. At the begining, the game was empty. Nothing to do. I was lucky, I got addicted after the first year of release and they had put in a lot of stuff and fix a huge amount of things. Level 20 to 80 is now really fun, but level 80 and end game content is incredible!
Old 03-09-10, 10:26 AM   #124
ordoabchao
Corporal

I have always thought about playing AOC .. I was a huge EQ2 player, never went to WOW due to the rivalry and the fact that I heard it was populater by "kids"

This game has interested me for a while. But I am scared about commiting to a monthly subscription and guilds/raiding etc.. I always find I dont have enough time to play single player games.

/Ur0tsukid0ji_signatureSmall.jpg[/img] [/url]
ordoabchao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-04-11, 01:13 PM   #125
Magman

Funny video made in Age of Conan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOSchJvJERs
Old 18-04-11, 01:18 PM   #126
Magman

Also, for the people that have not played, here is a video made with the combat fatalities of the Barbbarian class.

I still think that Age of Conan as the best combat system of all MMOs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc
Old 28-10-11, 08:54 AM   #127
Magman

Anyone playing Age of Conan? If you have not seen it yet, it's old but it's a great game. I am on a great guild on the server Crom and we have loads of fun. Still the best looking MMO by far! It's also free to play now, so if you have any questions or want to try it, I can guide you in the right dirrection!

See me on line on Crom, I have 3 characters:

Amellie (main character)
Sannura
Amguard
Old 14-03-13, 08:14 AM   #128
Magman

If you have not tried Age of Conan since the beginning, you should try it.
A lot less grind then Rift and the combat is just superb.

Come try it, I will help you levelling and in no time you be raiding.

I have to say, ever since my first ever raid, I dream of doing a raid in a LAN. Having all 24 players in the same room would be incredible!

Anyways, the raids in Age of Conan are very good. There are 4 tiers of raid with dozens of encounters. Tier 4 is very hard but very fun. I have never raided in other games, but from what I read and what people tell me, Age of Conan raids are the best of any MMOs.

I am currently part of a great guild that raid all the way to tier 4 and it is fun. Every week we clear tier 4 and we are now starting to do it on our alt characters.

If you have not played or seen Age of Conan and you like MMO's you should take a look again. The game has change a lot since launch and it is so much better. If you think Rift, Guild Wars 2 or the new Star Wars MMO is fun, you have obviously not seen or played Age of Conan. The game is in a different league, in my opinion, then those.

With a new movie coming in 2014 and Arnold playing the role again, never been a better time to get into Age of Conan.

I should write adverts for Funcom!
Old 14-03-13, 10:54 AM   #129
LFFPicard
Lieutenant

Send a message via MSN to LFFPicard

It recently turned Free2Play and is available on steam as well, I downloaded it but not given it a go yet.

LFFPicard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-13, 09:01 PM   #130
Magman

Quote:
Originally Posted by LFFPicard View Post
It recently turned Free2Play and is available on steam as well, I downloaded it but not given it a go yet.
Let me know when you have time to try it, I will level a character with you and we can hook up on vent or team Speak, you will love it.

Tags
age, conan