Lanarchy LAN Events in North London Forum

Go Back   Lanarchy LAN Events in North London Forum > Gaming > Console Gaming

Old 30-05-10, 08:24 PM   #1
AndyCr15
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to AndyCr15 Send a message via Skype™ to AndyCr15
Thumbs up Fight Night - Round 4

I've been on the lookout for this at a good price for a while now. It was in Game for 15, which soon became nothing when I traded in 3 old games I've never played. (For Xbox 360)

I'm really enjoying it, very addictive! I've often enjoyed boxing games but often they're hard to do well, but I think this is a bit of a winner. The basic controls are the left stick moves you about, the right stick controls your punches. Swinging the right stick brings out hooks and uppercuts and so.

Holding the left trigger means you just move your head/body around, trying to avoid oncoming punches. Right trigger brings up your guard, which can be lowered or raised with the left stick.

My favorite move is to be dodging and as soon as my opponent misses a head shot, I counter (which can often stun the opponent) with a left hook. I've landed some beauties that way. There's nothing better than stunning them and then laying forth a barrage of punches until they (hopefully) go down.

I see from the review in the video above I can use a picture of myself to make a boxer!?!? Okay, I have to look into that!
AndyCr15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-10, 09:34 PM   #2
AndyCr15
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to AndyCr15 Send a message via Skype™ to AndyCr15

A little clip of a knockdown I did earlier (now I've found how to share my replays )

http://www.easports.com/media/play/video/20646192

I'll get up a better clip of the counter punch when I can. In this, you can see how you start defensive, then I move to dodging and just wait for him to miss. In this clip, I'm actually a little slow to counter, but I want to get my left hook in... I have a nice left hook

So I stun him on the counter, then lay a barrage while I can. Start with the left hook, end with the left hook Often, very quickly, when stunned they just go ultra defensive and you can't land anyway.

Annoyingly, I didn't get the win... (it was a draw )
AndyCr15 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fight, night, round