Lanarchy LAN Events in North London Forum

Go Back   Lanarchy LAN Events in North London Forum > Gaming > Lanarchy

Old 04-06-11, 01:10 PM   #1
Deviant
Sergeant

Send a message via MSN to Deviant Send a message via Yahoo to Deviant
Default Gaming Heads Figurines

Hey all,

I imagine many of youare already aware of the Gaming Heads figurines www.gamingheads.com As I love those games so much I was gutted that when I found out about them the Heavy my fav TF2 character (after the sniper) was already sold out.

Fortunately a short time ago they were shipped and when they were a few people couldnt pay or cancelled. Leaving a selection of hevay figurines available to the general public again.

Anyway so long story short... not. I ordered the heavy to see if they were as good as they looked... In truth they are... BETTER!

Far better, I am very impressed, the images on the website really do not give you an accurate understanding of the size. They are immense. Twice the size of my speakers. I cleared half my gaming table thinking therewould be space for all 9, only to find a single figurine takes up almst the entire space.

Added to that they are created in strong poly stone and are extremely weighty. They dont feel cheap and tacy they are a truely great work. Anyway ill be collecting the rest as i am so happy with this one.

I should also point out they have now released for pre-order the Tank from left 4 dead, the soldier from TF2 and the headcrab zombie from Half life.
A journalist broke that he has seen sketches of Gordon Freeman, the smokeris inline for release from left 4 dead. And they are also working on a 1/8th scale portal 2 turret with motion sensitivity... Oh and some tf2 action figures as well (not limited edition)

Anyway so thats my little love fest for gaming heads... I will say the price is expensive and i was concered i was throwing my money away but now i have received the item I can say i believe they are worth the money.

Laters.
Old 04-06-11, 11:57 PM   #2
Curfish
Lieutenant

These are $250. My word!! Each to there own I guess

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk
Old 05-06-11, 06:48 PM   #3
snessy
Sergeant

Send a message via MSN to snessy

expensive doorstop if you ask me..
snessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-11, 08:02 AM   #4
Deviant
Sergeant

Send a message via MSN to Deviant Send a message via Yahoo to Deviant

yeah they are expensive... but as i say now i have received mine i do feel its worth the cost... For me though i just love the figures and glad i am able to own them. The heavy cost me 160 total (including shipping).

If you head to forbidden planet in london, youll see figurines of this size, detail and quality are in fact 2-3 times that price... And thats normal version not a limited edition set.

Anyway I like it. Besides everyone wastes money on something, this is my something lol.
Old 06-06-11, 05:57 PM   #5
AndyCr15
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to AndyCr15 Send a message via Skype™ to AndyCr15

Yeah, got to be honest, to me it seems a lot for a statue, but there's probably worse for less!

Everyone puts value on things differently. Many people wouldn't dream of spending 530 on a phone. To me that's the best money I've spent in a long while.
AndyCr15 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
figurines, gaming, heads