Lanarchy LAN Events in North London Forum

Go Back   Lanarchy LAN Events in North London Forum > Interests > News & Events

Old 09-10-06, 07:59 AM   #1
Azreal
Major

Send a message via ICQ to Azreal Send a message via AIM to Azreal Send a message via MSN to Azreal Send a message via Yahoo to Azreal Send a message via Skype™ to Azreal
Default The future just got much darker.

This morning north korea have successfully tested its first nuke,after been threatened by most of the world not do. Its on every news station now.
Crusaders:FFLUK 2011 Champions
Crusaders:FFLUK 2012 Champions
Crusaders:FFLUK 2013 runners up
Crusaders:FFLUK 2014 Champions
Crusaders:FFLUK 2015 5-8
Crusaders:FFLUK 2016 Champions

twitter Ello
Azreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-06, 08:48 AM   #2
Bob47
Lieutenant

Send a message via MSN to Bob47

This is sad news but reports i have read say they arnt in launch stages yet.
Old 09-10-06, 09:38 AM   #3
malganis
Lance Corporal

Send a message via MSN to malganis

Yeah but USA and Britain will be up their arses soon enough. And if NK even show a sign of using one offensively they will cease to exist.
malganis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-06, 11:54 AM   #4
[OLSC]Fizban
Sergeant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob47
This is sad news but reports i have read say they arnt in launch stages yet.
True but it would fit in something not much bigger than a Transit Van
[OLSC]Fizban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-06, 12:06 PM   #5
Faith
Warrant Officer

Send a message via MSN to Faith Send a message via Yahoo to Faith

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asi...ic/6033457.stm
Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-06, 05:52 PM   #6
helios
Major

Send a message via MSN to helios Send a message via Yahoo to helios

Quote:
Originally Posted by malganis
Yeah but USA and Britain will be up their arses soon enough. And if NK even show a sign of using one offensively they will cease to exist.
Unfortunately, there is no Military solution that won't end in the deaths of millions of innocent civillians.

Land attack through S.korea, after negotiating 2.5mile wide landmine field (allthough US tanks can pass, field is digitally controlled) - N.Korea launches artillery barrage on S.Korean capital, millions die (an artillery battery is always aimed at S.Korean Capital)

Nuclear pre-emprive strike on Artillery Battery - S.Korea launches nuclear strikes against Japan, Russia, S.korea using mid-range missiles (previously tested in international waters off the coast of japan by N.Korea)

Nuclear strike on N.Korea - millions of civillians die, N.korea has a magnitude of tunnels etc. and Kim Jong is always protected.

Assasination attempt on Kim Jong - he is always protected, travels in a blast-proof train, always has a large number of elite guard. Iff attempt successfull, power vacuum left, Generals take over, worse situation. If attempt fails, N.Korea launches strikes agains neighbouring countries.

To put it bluntly, military intervention = millions of screwed people,
No Intervention - Millions of screwed people.
helios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-06, 07:35 PM   #7
Azreal
Major

Send a message via ICQ to Azreal Send a message via AIM to Azreal Send a message via MSN to Azreal Send a message via Yahoo to Azreal Send a message via Skype™ to Azreal

thanks for explaining that helios ,I dont thnk many people understand just how serious this situation is.

twitter Ello
Old 09-10-06, 07:49 PM   #8
NcA
Sergeant

Send a message via MSN to NcA

Apparently they don't... I heard this news on my lunch break today and promptly told all my co-workers, none of which seemed very concerned about the matter :S This is the most worrying news I've heard since GW decided to move in on Iraq. I mean, the US has agreed with Japan to fortify their missile defences surrounding the Korean Peninsula to prepare for what they fear is going to happen. Surprisingly no one seems to realise what kind of a sick Dictator Kim Jong Il is... For instance, in North Korea, media is under complete control by the government, there is no free press and no outside sources being fed into the country. All media outlets produce anti-western propaghanda that is force fed to young and old alike. They have a very low opinion of western culture and have no fear of nuclear retaliation. On a little side note, Kim Jong Il is also a paranoid, insecure, power-hungry midget with absolute control of a (now) nuclear power. It's a bleak future indeed........
Old 09-10-06, 08:09 PM   #9
Gamith

It will be interesting to see how the various posturings by leaders around the world will be translated into action (if any).

It is also interesting that even the Chinese, who are very close allies of the North Koreans, have also condemned the action since all the other countries of the world have stopped and banned nuclear testing. it's definitely a provocative act to let off a bomb.
The most that the rest of the world can do (without nuking all of NK and causing a lot of problems related to that!) is to shut off all aid and trade with N.K. - which probably won't bother them much I suppose, but it may make them realise that their actions will have consequences.

As I say - it will be interesting.

On an unrelated note the following links may be useful:
NBC Suits:
http://www.exarmy.co.uk/shop/product.php?xProd=151
S10:
http://www.exarmy.co.uk/shop/product.php?xProd=150

ttfn
LG DVD-RW + DL
1x 1Tb Deskstar
Corsair 650W PSU
Corsair H50 water-cooling system
Gamith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-06, 08:24 PM   #10
Azreal
Major

I dont think China,Japan and South Korea would want sanctions imposed on North Korea as they dont want millions of North Koreans fleeing into there country, as their country is as over populated as it is.

twitter Ello
Old 09-10-06, 10:55 PM   #11
malganis
Lance Corporal

Send a message via MSN to malganis

Quote:
Originally Posted by helios
Quote:
Originally Posted by malganis

Nuclear pre-emprive strike on Artillery Battery - S.Korea launches nuclear strikes against Japan, Russia, S.korea using mid-range missiles (previously tested in international waters off the coast of japan by N.Korea)

Assasination attempt on Kim Jong - he is always protected, travels in a blast-proof train, always has a large number of elite guard. Iff attempt successfull, power vacuum left, Generals take over, worse situation. If attempt fails, N.Korea launches strikes agains neighbouring countries.
Considering the pre-emptive strike scenario (I take it you meant N. Korea launching a nuclear strike) - are NKs delivery systems advanced and reliable enough to hit countries such as Russia and Japan? We saw how NKs last missile tests went and if that sort of thing were to happen in a real war aggresive situation, Russia would loom over NK looking very angry lol

I agree with the Assasination thing, there would be a power vacuum and US would have to invade and install a new government (not that they don't know how lol)
malganis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-06, 08:11 AM   #12
Lestat
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to Lestat Send a message via Skype™ to Lestat

Personally I wouldn't overly worry to much, yes they have had one test. But do they have enough enriched uranium to make more bombs. Are they capable of delivery systems. These are vital questions. Especially it was found out after the cold war that over half the Russian ICBMs were faulty and the other half may not have fired.

Don't be drawn in by the usual massive overmedia hype it just goes to try and keep this state of fear alive.

Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-06, 07:49 AM   #13
helios
Major

Send a message via MSN to helios Send a message via Yahoo to helios

Its 2 tests niow actually, they detonated a second device (under 1 killoton) the morning after the first test.

And yes, s.korea in the pre-emptive strike scenario of mine is a typo, meant to be N.Korea.
helios is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
darker, future