Lanarchy LAN Events in North London Forum

Go Back   Lanarchy LAN Events in North London Forum > Gaming > Lanarchy

View Poll Results: What Should We Do With The Assault Server?
Add italy into the mapcycle 11 37.93%
Add 2 or 3 more maps in (pls specify which in thread) 7 24.14%
Leave it as just assault 4 13.79%
Just make it a general standard maps server 1 3.45%
I don't care... 1 3.45%
Add more custom assault maps 5 17.24%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-11-05, 07:31 PM   #61

Send a message via MSN to AndyCr15 Send a message via Skype™ to AndyCr15

Right, if I may put my 'I'm the boss' hat on for just one post. Personally, I don't care so much what happens to the assault server. I don't particularly like assault, I never have and I never will. I prefer the custom map server and dust/office server and I can only play on one server at a time... so... I'm not that bothered what happens to the assault server.

Looking at this as 'the boss' rather than a gamer, I need to try and keep the community happy. This involves keeping the paying members/admins happy (or they may pull their funding) and the community members happy (or they will bugger off elsewhere and we have little left to admin anyway)

What I would prefer to do is find a way to start up a fifth server. This would surely be the best solution? We start up an italy/assault/militia server and everyone's happy?

This might be possible if server sizes drop down to 16, 18 and 20. I'll perhaps try it for an evening and see what happens to the servers performance.
AndyCr15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-05, 07:52 PM   #62

Send a message via ICQ to Penguin Send a message via MSN to Penguin

Hmm, to be honest, the Dust2/Office server is often at full capacity (24/24), and if you mean dropping the server size of that down, I don't really agree with it.

Give it a go, see how it gets on. But some of the servers are lagging already, perhaps adding a 5th will lag it a bit more.
Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-05, 08:13 PM   #63

Send a message via ICQ to Sc00by Send a message via Yahoo to Sc00by

I'd change the assault server to be that 5th server and leave it with 4 servers, we already get "laaggg" complaints on the servers...
Sc00by is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-05, 08:19 PM   #64

Send a message via MSN to Kbrothers

just beacuse some people do not like the assault server, is no excuse to change it. Many more poeple like it. Assault is one of those maps that is actually realistic towards real life hostage situations. I personnally love it and wouldnt mind if a map like italy was put on it but, my first choice would be to keep it as assault 24/7 as there are not loads around and especially not many with no auto(noob) sniper or awp.
Kbrothers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-05, 08:37 PM   #65

Send a message via MSN to Lestat Send a message via Skype™ to Lestat

Well i see that add italy has won the vote i say add it.

Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-05, 08:03 PM   #66
Sgt. Stadanko

I think dropping the server size from 24 on dust2/office would be an excellent idea, on such a cramped map as office you get noobs all over the place blocking up corridors and lobbing nades at eachother, the TKing is horrendous!!! Also it would decrease the pangs of lag I seem to be getting at the moment, whenever there is a huge firefight everything goes shuddery.

I've went on assault a few times, but the map provides me no stimulus to play on it whatsoever. From what it seems on the forum though, it causes trouble for the majority, but the minority would hate to see it leave.

Cheers, Stad.
Sgt. Stadanko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-05, 12:42 AM   #67

I for one say "Please god leave this server as is" or justs add some Assault custom maps if the cycle has to be changed...
I spend my good years on this server because it is what it is now!! :P

Pardon my english, i'm not a native speaker
LiNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-05, 09:00 AM   #68

i agree with link. leave the assault server as is or add more custom assault maps!

assault, italy, server