Lanarchy LAN Events in North London Forum

Go Back   Lanarchy LAN Events in North London Forum > Gaming > Lanarchy

Old 11-01-11, 04:54 PM   #1
Samkirky
Corporal

Default Superbowl 2011?

Come on then guys, whos winning it this year then? I was gonna go with the bears but with there terrible performance vs the Packers last game of the regular season im doubting that choice. Obvious question is were there minds already on the play-offs? But as of right now im loving Troy Polamalu and the steelers defence atm so im gonna have a pluck at them this year!
Samkirky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-11, 05:00 PM   #2
Hootington
Sergeant

if Troy can stay healthy, I'd be tempted to go with them too. I'm gonna take the Packers. Clay Matthews and Charles Woodson have that defence playing lights out, and Aaron Rodgers will put up points. Their run game is a bit of a worry, but that starks hard a great game against the eagles, even though they were poor in tackling him.
Hootington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-11, 05:06 PM   #3
AndyCr15
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to AndyCr15 Send a message via Skype™ to AndyCr15

It's so wide open this year. If I was offered even odds on all teams, my money would go on the Patriots, I think they're the safe bet at this point.

The Bears I would place near the back tbh, but in front of Seattle still! I wonder if Atlanta are flying under people's radar? Nothing flashy, just winning games!

(Btw, PM me if you want to join us all at my Superbowl Party in North London )
AndyCr15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-11, 02:11 PM   #4
Samkirky
Corporal

Yeah id love to see the falcons win the superbowl, Matt ryan and the offence has been brilliant but I dont think their defence will keep out a top nfl offence which is what their gonna have to do to have any hope of winning the trophy. Would be good to see them in the superbowl just because theres a good chance it'll turn into a massive shootout which is always good fun to watch.
Old 17-01-11, 02:11 PM   #5
Hennegivensunday
Corporal

GET IN THE PACK! Got 400 squidders on its way if they win it all.......bet on them last April!
Hennegivensunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-11, 03:15 PM   #6
HUNTER
Major

Send a message via ICQ to HUNTER Send a message via AIM to HUNTER Send a message via MSN to HUNTER

wow, think The Steelers might take it this year.
15/16 4-9-0 | 16/17 9-4-0 | 17/18 6-7-0
HUNTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-11, 03:23 PM   #7
Crippler2032
Major

Send a message via ICQ to Crippler2032 Send a message via MSN to Crippler2032

The most exciting team left is the Pack, so im hoping they win it

'Im Not a crazed gunman dad, Im an Assasin! Well the difference being one is a job, and the others mental sickness!'
Crippler2032 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-11, 03:26 PM   #8
Hootington
Sergeant

I'm thinking Steelers - Packers superbowl, with Packers edging it. I think when the Steelers come up against a top offence, they might just crack.
Old 17-01-11, 03:56 PM   #9
WOODLIN
Corporal

i hope nobody wins it
Old 17-01-11, 04:20 PM   #10
Hennegivensunday
Corporal

The writing was on the wall for you when Bellichick came out with that hoody with the moth-eaten hole in the back of it, and benched Welker for his brilliant feet comments. I reckon he put Bon Jovi in for Brady at QB as well, judging by some of his throws.
Bellichick seems to go mental in the playoffs since the NYG SuperBowl loss.

The one game all season i was cheering for the Pats and they lost....hang on....thats probably why!
Hennegivensunday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-11, 09:14 AM   #11
Samkirky
Corporal

Bloody patriots, if they'd won this game I would have bagged 68! from a 1 bet. I really dont know who I wanna win it now.
Old 18-01-11, 09:30 AM   #12
AndyCr15
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to AndyCr15 Send a message via Skype™ to AndyCr15

People always under estimate a great D. Steelers v Jets will be an awesome game which I think many people will count out the Jets unfairly.

Three years back, just after they went 4-12, a friend wanted a team to follow, I recommended the Jets as I thought good things were coming their way. I guess because of that, I'm hoping they do it

I really hope the Bears don't make it to the Superbowl. Look at their schedule, who have they really beat? The Jets and the Eagles, both of whom have been a little inconsistent. They've lost to the Redskins and Seahawks for gods sake! I just don't think they're really that good a team.
AndyCr15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-11, 01:19 PM   #13
Hootington
Sergeant

Hey andy, you realise that both teams in the NFC championship game, Packers and Bears have lost to the redskins this year? Thats probably one of the few positives to take out of the season for us .

I've been saying I think the superbowl winners were gonna be someone who flew under the radar somewhat. Everyone had a big run of games where they looked upbeatable this season, the Eagles after that redskins game, the Bears to get to second seed, the Pats pretty much the last half of the season.

But it would seem they all peaked to early. I thought the Packers, Jets and somewhat Steelers were most likely to get to the superbowl because they hadnt peaked, but were gaining momentum at the right time. And I just feel like the Packers are playing the best football right now.
Old 19-01-11, 01:20 PM   #14
Samkirky
Corporal

id say its the only positive for the redskins this year :P other than Rex Grossman taking charge of the offense! I now want the Bears to pull it off, Urlacher deserves a superbowl ring me thinks.

Tags
2011, superbowl