Lanarchy LAN Events in North London Forum

Go Back   Lanarchy LAN Events in North London Forum > Gaming > Lanarchy

Old 02-04-06, 10:12 PM   #1
Sharky
Captain

Send a message via MSN to Sharky
Default Sunday the 2nd of Aprils practice

i do not want to have to keep posting messages like this, but i feel i need to, todays practice was a joke, no offence to the guys and gal who were there, because it was fun, but thats it!! only myself faith stokes and penguin showed up! 4 f ing people out of a clan of 15-20 members!!! whats the use of practice if people are not gonna turn up?? it was a total waste of time, which should have been used constructively to benefit us as a clan.

i cannot believe what is happening, on xfire it showed other members online playing games, not gonna name names, but is this how much the clan means to you? you havent got an excuse of work etc but you were playing on your pc's at the time?

i am getting fed up, of turning up to things, which should be attended and finding the same loyal few. ffs guys please sort it out!

rant over, have a nice day!
Sharky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-06, 10:20 PM   #2
ArTFuL DoDGeR
Lieutenant

Send a message via MSN to ArTFuL DoDGeR Send a message via Yahoo to ArTFuL DoDGeR

It was rather dissapointing to see only 3 other people turn up, i know sunday practise isnt compulsary but i would have thought that some people would actually WANT to come and train and give us more skills and knowledge of maps.

I know some people like art had work, but im sure the other 15odd people didnt

Stokes
Old 02-04-06, 10:23 PM   #3
BaDBoY UK
Lieutenant

Send a message via MSN to BaDBoY UK

Frustrating isnt it? It's like banging your head against a wall.
Corsair H20 water cooling | HAF922 Case (3 x 200mm fans)
28" Hanns.G gaming monitor
BaDBoY UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-06, 10:44 PM   #4
Jak
Sergeant

Send a message via MSN to Jak

sorry i didnt turn up i had other commitments
Jak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-06, 10:51 PM   #5
AndyCr15
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to AndyCr15 Send a message via Skype™ to AndyCr15

Tbf, the way I see it is Tuesday is main practise, Sunday is for those that cannot make Tuesday and mainly for new people that need to learn tactics. I believe Tuesday had 13 or 14 people, which doesn't leave many needing to attend Sunday, which would probably be why there weren't too many there?
AndyCr15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-06, 11:08 PM   #6
Damn It Im Shite Tonight
Sergeant

Send a message via MSN to Damn It Im Shite Tonight

I appreciate you guys get frustrated at only having a small group turn up for practise on Sundays but only 6 people put down they were available anyway. If only 6 people say they're available you can't realistically expect 10 to turn up.

Quote:
No we didn't have work, but I'm sure most of us have just as important committments to attend to (wives, girlfriends, families, friends etc...). And even if people were on playing other games, if they have stated they're not available for CSS on a Sunday evening where's the problem?
Damn It Im Shite Tonight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-06, 11:15 PM   #7
Sharky
Captain

ok fair enough,
i cant make tuesday, because i have other commitments, so because we cant make tuesday, we dont get a worthy practice session? its not a need to come, its more of a we need a practice so can you turn up please? the clan needs to practice more. in you cant be bothered, to make more of an effort, then whats the point of any of us? i am still here making the effort and will continue to do so, but it feels like i get nothing in return.

Quote:
And even if people were on playing other games, if they have
stated they're not available for CSS on a Sunday evening where's the problem?
there in lies the problem, commitment, "i said i wasnt available, so i dont have to come", which is right you dont, but then those who do come suffer, nice one!

you'd think people were willing to make an effort, or am i wrong, yet again?
Old 02-04-06, 11:20 PM   #8
ArTFuL DoDGeR
Lieutenant

Send a message via MSN to ArTFuL DoDGeR Send a message via Yahoo to ArTFuL DoDGeR

Quote:
Quote:

No we didn't have work, but I'm sure most of us have just as important committments to attend to (wives, girlfriends, families, friends etc...).
Work was just an example i could have listed lots of things but didnt see the point.

Quote:
Sunday is for those that cannot make Tuesday
I try to attend both training sessions to make up numbers and to help out. Sharky and Faith cant attend tuesdays training so this is the one they need to come to, if no-one turns up, that leaves no training for Sharky or lisa.

Stokes
Old 02-04-06, 11:45 PM   #9
FIDDY
Lieutenant

Send a message via MSN to FIDDY

sorry i didnt come guys but as you know i have stated that i am not going to be around much over the next 2 to 4 weeks.
also i have only missed about 2/3 training sessions while i have been in LNY and have come to most of the other things (csm, fff)
FIDDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-06, 11:47 PM   #10
Damn It Im Shite Tonight
Sergeant

Send a message via MSN to Damn It Im Shite Tonight

ok, my intention here is not to turn this into another heated discussion that gets everyone's backs up, but I'm going to put across own opinion on this issue. My personal situation is this, I have a wife who's due to give birth in 10 weeks time. CSS is not currently number 1 in my list of priorities. I'm fairly sure my other half would be pretty pissed off if I said, "no, you go do that yourself, I've got a game to play".

I make an effort to play when I can, and when I can fill in as reserve I'll offer. I make the effort to turn up pretty much every Tuesday for the main practise as do most other people.

People have there own reasons for stating they're not available at any given time. We don't know everyone's personal circumstances so we ought to stop giving people a hard time because they're not available at certain times.

I apologise if it sounds like I'm having a go but there just seems to be a few too many posts going up that are questioning people's committment. If people are not turning up to the main practise when they've stated they're available, or they're missing matches when they've been added to the team then fair enough, let McB or one of the main guys say something. But don't start questioning everyone's committment to LNY because they've not turned up to Sunday practise or Friday's fragfest when they've already stated they're not available.

As a solution, if people are going to be around for Sunday practise in future, why don't we confirm this in the availability thread (I think most people already do this anyway). If someone's said they're not available sunday evening, assume they can't make practise.

**Edit**

My point Stokes was that although you knew what Art was doing you had no idea what the other 15 people were doing. You can't assume everyone is free to play CSS all the time.
Damn It Im Shite Tonight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-06, 01:31 AM   #11
Sharky
Captain

on this issue, i agree with damn that i dont want to put any backs up either, we have to look at individual circumstances and say, ok fair enough, you have good reason not to be there.

i wasnt trying to have a go at anyone in particular, but i just find it so frustrating that we dont get a decent practice because some people cant be bothered to turn up, because they already been to a practice this week and therefore dont have to. this is the attitude i have issues with. why not make it to both? if you can??

also on the commitment issue, if you have other things you would rather be doing, then are you not committed more to them than LNY?

and yes i know the same could be said of myself and faith for not turning up on tuesday, but its the only night we go out to see our friends, put training on a different night and we will be there!! like sunday, when we asked faiths parents to cook an hour later than usual, for us to go to training.

i am not having a go at anyone, just would like to be able to have a worthwhile training session, thats all.
Old 03-04-06, 06:46 AM   #12
Sc00by
Colonel

Send a message via ICQ to Sc00by Send a message via Yahoo to Sc00by

Speaking as someone that was sat in front of a PC, but didn't turn up. (Moslty cos I was playing something else and forgot, though I rarely turn up for Sunday practice because I don't want to be playing CSS on a Sunday - far too violent. )

I'm sorry. But if someone had X-Fired me and said "we've only got a few can you come on and bolster numbers". I probably would've said "maybe", can't remember exactly what I was doing @ 7PM, but if I'd been able to stop what I was doing in DDO I would've come. I'm sure that others would have too.

Coming on here and calling everyone 'uncommitted' because a few people forgot about a practice that there is no reminder post for on the forum is a little extreme tbh, and whilst you've calmed down during the thread, I'm still not sure that 'ffs'ing at everyone is really that productive, especially when, as far as I can see, you didn't activly chase/remind people to be there.

Really Sunday practice is for you and Faith as everyone else can make Tuesday. Now I'm not saying that it's therefore less important, because it isn't, but I am saying that people do forget. Sunday tends to be a different kind of day to a weekday and with nothing to jog memories people, perhaps, get into other things. As the session is primarily for you and faith, perhaps one, or both, of you should ensure that reminders are posted and maybe even people are chased on X-Fire at the time?
Sc00by is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-06, 07:07 AM   #13
ArTFuL DoDGeR
Lieutenant

Quote:
Coming on here and calling everyone 'uncommitted
Im not trying to call anyone uncommitted to LNY because i know a lot of people give a lot of time to LNY, im sorry if some of my messages came across that way.

Maybe it was just one of those weeks where not many people could turn up lets leave this thread as a reminder for next sundays practice

Stokes
Old 03-04-06, 01:28 PM   #14
Sharky
Captain

tbf stokes scooby was referring to me, i am sorry too
Old 03-04-06, 05:12 PM   #15
Lestat
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to Lestat Send a message via Skype™ to Lestat

Yeah as Mcbain said the sunday practise was put into effect for those who could not make it on Tuesday. Frankly I thought it was a tactics practise. One reason why I don't turn up, the other is I am currently playing, planning matches 4 nights out of 7 . Basically that leaves me 3 nights to fit Pub, DDO, COD2 and Oblivion. My time is far to pushed to handle 2 Practises a night. And I am sure most others are. I know this doesn't make it fun for you sharky, but not much we can do about it.

But remember you should look at Matches as Practise as well, you know the tactics from sunday and after the match ask a deputy on how you are doing is there something you should be doing different.

Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2nd, aprils, practice, sunday