Yes 9 81.82%
No 2 18.18%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 18-04-06, 06:16 PM   #16
Damn It Im Shite Tonight
Sergeant

Send a message via MSN to Damn It Im Shite Tonight

Quote:
And by practise I mean try diff servers playing against diff people.
One thing I've tried doing in the past is checking the servers of the top teams in ED. Few of them are as busy as the LNY server but the Mint server is pretty busy - 82.138.242.218:27015.

First few times on this server I got my ass pwned! Some of the guys on this server are way better than Myst, and you have on some occasions about 4/5 of them to contend with. Always worth a visit if you are trying a different public. Also, the MTG servers are not bad. The players are not Myst like but MTG stack the teams and quite often they're winning rounds without losing a player. Not nice to play like this all the time but it forces you to change you're normal methods and helps you improve somewhat.

I have one question regarding easy ways to improve - I play with a 17" CRT. If I increase the monitor size up to 19 or even 21" will I see a massive difference? I'm assuming things will obviously be bigger which means it may help with long distance shots. Is this right?
Damn It Im Shite Tonight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-06, 12:47 PM   #17
Jak
Sergeant

Send a message via MSN to Jak

Hi

Here are some maps ive found that i think would help us out.

aim headshot2 - this map is like a death match map but its all about aim for the right spot.

http://www.cstrike-planet.com/maps/762

Awp india - this is a good awp map for quick reactions and taking cover

http://www.cstrike-planet.com/maps/510

Ka lake - never played this map but it looks cool and is a knife only map should make this a short map cycle so ppl dont get bored.

http://www.fpsbanana.com/?section=vi...maps.main.5714

so please check them out and comment plus if you know of any other ones for us to check out please post the links
Jak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-06, 12:58 PM   #18
ArTFuL DoDGeR
Lieutenant

Send a message via MSN to ArTFuL DoDGeR Send a message via Yahoo to ArTFuL DoDGeR

Ive played on AWP india maps and they are good but because they only use AWPs i think they should be a bit bigger, if you want to practise with the AWP go on Awp_Arena, it is a much larger map with better players and hes limited cover.

The other two maps look rather good though

Stokes
Old 20-04-06, 01:04 PM   #19
dre
Captain

Send a message via MSN to dre

Iv played on both aim maps but not ka_lake. There is always servers on these maps anyway if there not added to any of our map cycles
Old 20-04-06, 01:08 PM   #20
Jak
Sergeant

Send a message via MSN to Jak

the aim of the maps being on our server is for use to practice on it together.

I looked a awp arena but with it being bigger and less cover it doesnt help with match situations, most of the clan matches the awpers or enemy player hide in the cover as awpers we need to pick them off even when cover is around. This is the reason i choose the smaller map rather than the bigger one i think it will help with match awping rather than long range stuff.
Jak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-06, 01:18 PM   #21
ArTFuL DoDGeR
Lieutenant

Send a message via MSN to ArTFuL DoDGeR Send a message via Yahoo to ArTFuL DoDGeR

Quote:
This is the reason i choose the smaller map rather than the bigger one i think it will help with match awping rather than long range stuff.
Good point i didnt really think about this, there is always deathmatch servers aswell, just normal maps but fast paced, so if you just have an AWP and a Deagle it does keep you on your toes.

Stokes
Old 20-04-06, 02:23 PM   #22
McBain_PDA
Corporal

Just FYI, incase you hadn't realised, AWP's are enabled on our deathmatch server. Have many/any people been on it yet?
McBain_PDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-06, 02:30 PM   #23
ArTFuL DoDGeR
Lieutenant

Yes i have been on it quite a few times with bots and other LNY members, i dont think the new people like me headshotting them all the time with my deagle :P

There are a few things on the deathmatch server that could be changed to improve it, on all the other DM servers, FB's arent allowed, and FF is off. I think Dust_2 is a better map for DM a server aswell, but its up to you what the settings are.

Stokes
Old 20-04-06, 02:31 PM   #24
dre
Captain

Send a message via MSN to dre

Iv benn on the seathmacth server a couple of times but the second time i went on my rank had dissapeared
The day before id had at least 170 kills then then the next day when i went on it only showed 47????
Old 20-04-06, 05:40 PM   #25
AndyCr15
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to AndyCr15 Send a message via Skype™ to AndyCr15

You know kills on bots don't count?

I don't think FF can be changed due to plugin settings. I thought FB's had been turned off a couple of days back?
AndyCr15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-06, 08:25 PM   #26
Lestat
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to Lestat Send a message via Skype™ to Lestat

Damn I would upgrade to a 19" CRT if I could from 17" mainly for the better resolution on desktop. CRT are far better than TFT for CSS. So unless you are going to be moving it alot 19" CRT is good and very very cheap

Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-06, 08:56 PM   #27
artofdrowning
Corporal

I go on the server myself with the bots. I went on yesterday, but there were no bots, and I tried to get on today, but it kept getting to "Sending Client Info" and then stopped loading.
artofdrowning is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
practice, target