Lanarchy LAN Events in North London Forum

Go Back   Lanarchy LAN Events in North London Forum > Gaming > Lanarchy

Old 28-03-06, 08:13 PM   #1
helios
Major

Send a message via MSN to helios Send a message via Yahoo to helios
Default 28th March practice

In my honest opinion, this was not one of our better practices, infact it was crap to be honest.

Firstly - Teams. The teamings here were woefully unbalanced. With damn it, Lestat, and Mincemeat on one team.

Secondly - map choice. Yes, OK, some people were por playing on Blast, but as was agreed elsewhere, the league would not affect our general training. Yes, penguin, you may want to play other maps competitively, but it really needs to be a decision with all of the DCLs and McBain as to whether we play another map.

Other one, which is again probably down to the teamings, was talking. All of the team i was on (including myself) were guilty of this. It does not help when the orders are still being given and repeatedly CHANGED after buy time, with the final destination not being mentioned several times.

After about 8 rounds of this i was peeved and can understand why the gameplay of the team i was on went completely downhill.

It was also mentioned by Penguin about "Buy 2 flashes" to myself on IRC. I would like to know how this is possible in a round, when that order comes at 2 seconds before the end of the buytime, when people have already bought stuff.

/rant
helios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-06, 08:56 PM   #2
ArTFuL DoDGeR
Lieutenant

Send a message via MSN to ArTFuL DoDGeR Send a message via Yahoo to ArTFuL DoDGeR

I think the decision to play blast on training (whoever it was made by) was bad not just because it was probably a waste of time for the people not playing, but tbh the people who were playing it could have done with more thorough training of it. So they cancelled thereselves out, i think if we were going to play blast it would have been better with the people that werent playing.

I think the communication was bad on Helios's team, and the tactics need to be used more detailed, like where you are going to flash and when you are going to run through at what position and who with.

Most probably the most un-constructive trainings ive been to unfortunatley

I hope it will improve next week.

Stokes
Old 28-03-06, 08:57 PM   #3
Penguin
Captain

Send a message via ICQ to Penguin Send a message via MSN to Penguin

Quote:
(whoever it was made by)
Everybody....

Quote:
It was also mentioned by Penguin about "Buy 2 flashes" to myself on IRC
Eh?
Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-06, 09:00 PM   #4
Lestat
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to Lestat Send a message via Skype™ to Lestat

Right from know on I will be taking Practise on Tuesday, I will make a Calender event about each one. We will be working on Teamwork, Not tactics, This will be pairings practise. I will decide teams, i will decide map.

Obviously I can not be on Both sides, But I will want a senior DCL on the opposite side to me. To let me know how they get on and who is causing disruption. I expect everyone to know the tactics for current map, if you do not xfire any DCL and they will take 5 mins to explain them.

Also do not expect to stay on the same side the whole way through the practise. Moaning will not be tolerated. Wether you are doing crap or not, i want people to get better with awps, flashes, pistols. First post will go up tomorrow.

Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-06, 09:27 PM   #5
Damn It Im Shite Tonight
Sergeant

Send a message via MSN to Damn It Im Shite Tonight

Quote:
I think the decision to play blast on training (whoever it was made by)
To be fair Penquin did ask whether anyone wanted to play another map at about 3 minutes past 8. I was the only one who piped up with dust, about 3 or 4 people were happy with the map and everyone else kept quiet as far as I can recall. If there's a problem with the map choice say so when you're asked, what's the point of moaning in the forum afterwards? It just seems to be another in a long list of moans at the mo, it's not constructive guys, we're a team so lets start acting like one.

In my opinion training wasn't too bad for our team. Badboy's communication as leader was great, it was clear every round where we were to go. Communication with the rest of the team was excellent, we all stated where we were heading (based on Badboy's initial call) dependent on where we spawned.

Obviously it wasn't quite as smooth on the other side.

I'm sure Lestats plan for future training sessions will work well, we've just all got to stop moaning about small things, start listening to each other and start playing like a team again.

One point (also mentioned in a previous post), it sounds like there was a bit of confusion on your team at spawn and when orders were given out. Personally, if it wasn't clear where people were supposed to be going by the start of the round I would use a delay tactic, especially on dust. It's an absolute nightmare to rush as T once CT have taken up position. As CT there should be no confusion whatsoever though. Everyone playing tonight should have known where to go, what to do and what to buy in the first 3 seconds after spawning.
Damn It Im Shite Tonight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-06, 10:04 PM   #6
BaDBoY UK
Lieutenant

Send a message via MSN to BaDBoY UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Helios Grrrrrr
With damn it, Lestat, and Mincemeat on one team
What no mention of me ?
Corsair H20 water cooling | HAF922 Case (3 x 200mm fans)
28" Hanns.G gaming monitor
BaDBoY UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-06, 10:14 PM   #7
ArTFuL DoDGeR
Lieutenant

Send a message via MSN to ArTFuL DoDGeR Send a message via Yahoo to ArTFuL DoDGeR

Thats what i was thinking!

I think the trainings definatley need to be more detailed, i hope when lestat takes them we can do more 'to the point' tactics instead of just running around fragging each other, To replace the "frag time" i think we should maybe arrange 1 or 2 PCW's a week, so we can maybe try new tactics, see what other people use.

I hope some of these suggestions can be taken into thought.

Stokes
Old 28-03-06, 10:15 PM   #8
helios
Major

Send a message via MSN to helios Send a message via Yahoo to helios

sorry m8, missed you completely.

As for Dust, i did mention this, but i will not get into an argument over it.
helios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-06, 10:22 PM   #9
Mincemeat
Lieutenant

Send a message via MSN to Mincemeat

I think todays training was excellent practise. It was a new map, so it really tested everyones skills, since we didnt know where all the camping spots were.

Thanks to penguin, for letting us have a choice of maps, he gave everyone a say into what they would have liked for practise.

On our team, badboy once again proved that he is an excellent leader, calling tactics in advance and assigning roles.

Again, the teams were assigned in an unbiased manner, giving each leader equal opportunity to choose any member they would like.

Our regrouping and calling was amazing. Teamwork was maximum.

I have enjoyed my last practise with LNY. Thanks to all.

I hope your next practise is as fruitful as this one.
Mincemeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-06, 11:11 PM   #10
Sharky
Captain

Send a message via MSN to Sharky

listen guys, practice as lestat says should be structured and set up in a way that lets us all improve. penguin has chosen to run practices in a way which some in the past have disagreed with. but what is important here, which i have come to realise, is that penguin's interests lie in what is best for the clan. we can ask no more of anyone involved with LNY. whether i or you agree with his methods or not, penguin should be applauded for effort. if everyone gave as much as he does, or badboy did, then we would be far better off.
Sharky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-06, 07:27 AM   #11
Sc00by
Colonel

Send a message via ICQ to Sc00by Send a message via Yahoo to Sc00by

Our side was woeful. I'm interested to know if the guys on our team thought Dust went better?

I have to be brutal here, but I don't think that Penguin is a very good match leader. He ditheres, isn't clear on meanings, doesn't make his points clearly and can take far too long to decide what to do. He also doesn't manage the round once it's started - there are no calls to regroup to shut poeple up or for information. Sorry P, I think you are great with the clan admin and your work on the new maps has been stellar, but as a match leader; I'm afraid I find you extreamly frustrating and I'm sure i'm not alone?

Also what were you doing picking me with Art, damn it, etc still available. The sides were horribly unfair and it was extreamly demotivating for the guys on our team.

Playing blast last night. Playing a new map is not a bad thing. it means you concentrate on teamwork and calling more (which we sucked at). But it's not a bad thing.
Sc00by is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-06, 08:15 AM   #12
AndyCr15
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to AndyCr15 Send a message via Skype™ to AndyCr15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sc00by
Also what were you doing picking me with Art, damn it, etc still available. The sides were horribly unfair and it was extreamly demotivating for the guys on our team.
I have to agree. The picking of sides was one bit I herd and I could have told you straight away which team would win, and I would guess, quite easily
AndyCr15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-06, 10:37 AM   #13
Penguin
Captain

Send a message via ICQ to Penguin Send a message via MSN to Penguin

Quote:
I'm afraid I find you extreamly frustrating and I'm sure i'm not alone?
I noticed that my match leader was particualry bad yesterday. I think the fact that it was a new map that I hadn't lead on before contributed to the fact that I really had to think about where people had to go. I think I'm usually an alright leader when I get into the mood of the game - which I find harder when other people aren't really doing things like shuting up (not aimed at anybody) or calling. I guess practise makes perfect.
Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-06, 10:41 AM   #14
Sc00by
Colonel

Send a message via ICQ to Sc00by Send a message via Yahoo to Sc00by

Good job on not throwing your toys out of the pram over my crititism though As I say it's nothing personal.

Tbh you are guilty of some of it (maybe to a lesser degree) even when you do know the map.

Being authoritave and calling tactics early and not over complicating them is where I feel you should focus. The rest will come
Sc00by is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
28th, march, practice