Lanarchy LAN Events in North London Forum

Go Back   Lanarchy LAN Events in North London Forum > Interests > Sport & Health

Old 16-03-13, 07:01 AM   #1
AndyCr15
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to AndyCr15 Send a message via Skype™ to AndyCr15
Arrow 2013 Off Season Chat

Some interesting moves. I think Pete called a couple of them, Welker is out and Amondola is his replacement. Steve Jackson to Atlanta as a replacement to Michael Turner.

Last night Greg Jennings has signed with the Vikings, to 'replace' Percy Harvin who left for Seattle.

Anquan Boldin to the 49ers is an interesting move too.

I've probably missed a couple of other big ones, but some very interesting moves so far. Rather surprised the Redskins haven't made any big moves, maybe still a bit restricted by the extra cap we had removed
AndyCr15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-13, 07:29 AM   #2
Azreal
Major

Send a message via ICQ to Azreal Send a message via AIM to Azreal Send a message via MSN to Azreal Send a message via Yahoo to Azreal Send a message via Skype™ to Azreal

Its hard not to be impressed by what the Seahawks and Niners are doing in the offseason. I think many are expecting those 2 teams to dominate their division (sorry Pete).

Amendola to the Pats is no suprise (the Pats were willing to give up their 2nd round pick last season for him),the guy is practically a Wes Welker clone and even went to Texas Tech too,its a good signing for the Pats but can he take the hits that Wes Welker took? for 30mil the Pats better hope so.

Crusaders:FFLUK 2011 Champions
Crusaders:FFLUK 2012 Champions
Crusaders:FFLUK 2013 runners up
Crusaders:FFLUK 2014 Champions
Crusaders:FFLUK 2015 5-8
Crusaders:FFLUK 2016 Champions

twitter Ello
Azreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-13, 12:35 AM   #3
Crippler2032
Major

Send a message via ICQ to Crippler2032 Send a message via MSN to Crippler2032

Danny will never miss another game now, you watch...

I still believe in Jeff Fisher and don't expect miracles but our division is the strongest in the NFC now. I've no idea where San Fran are finding their cap space (their looking at Nhamdi and Charles Woodson too), As for Seattle I think they've paid a huge price for Harvin, I don't think he's ever played a full season and to give up a 1st rounder and a HUGE contract to him is a huge risk, we'll see if it pays off.

In the AFC I was liking what Denver were doing till the Elvis incident, rumours he's heading to the Ravens, would be awesome to see him opposite Suggs but everyone seems to be leaving the Champs, I think they'll struggle this year, shame really as I've got a soft spot for them. As for the Pats, I hate them, that is all :P

The NFC is loaded with teams next season. San Fran, Seattle, Atlanta (now with Steven Jackson) & Green Bay spring to mind as teams that could easily make a superbowl run next season!

'Im Not a crazed gunman dad, Im an Assasin! Well the difference being one is a job, and the others mental sickness!'
Crippler2032 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-13, 06:16 AM   #4
AndyCr15
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to AndyCr15 Send a message via Skype™ to AndyCr15

I'm not sure I would agree you're in the strongest NFC division now. The Cardinals are a pretty poor team and personally I think your Rams will have a lot to prove. As I look at it you have two very good teams, but the other two I would still rather face over most of the rest of the NFC.

Having said that, non of the NFC divisions look all that scary these days, but I think the North is probably the strongest, with the Vikings being the easiest game.
AndyCr15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-03-13, 08:55 AM   #5
Azreal
Major

Send a message via ICQ to Azreal Send a message via AIM to Azreal Send a message via MSN to Azreal Send a message via Yahoo to Azreal Send a message via Skype™ to Azreal

I think on paper the NFC West looks the strongest however you have 2 quarterbacks going into their sophmore seasons as starters (Wilson and Kaepernik), the Cards dont have a quarterback since they let Kolb go and seem content with having Skelton,Hoyer and Lindley battle it out for the starting spot, so that leaves the Rams as the only team with the most experience quarterback in Sam Bradford who made improvements under Fisher last season,they just need to address their RB issues and oline.

Imo the strongest division is the NFC South as 3 of those teams have the ability to put up tons of points The Falcons finally got rid of that plodder and got a great runningback in Steven Jackson,whilst Matt Ryan seems to get better and better every season. The Saints on the other hand should improve a lot since their coach has returned from a one year suspension. I also expect the bucs to continue to rely on their strong running game (lead by Doug Martin) and improve under their 2nd year head coach their only issues they need to address is their secondary. The only team im not sure about in that div are the Panthers.

As for the AFC I dont see any strong divisions , and expect the usual suspects to make the playoffs next season (Pats, Texans and Broncos)

twitter Ello
Old 19-03-13, 06:56 PM   #6
Azreal
Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBS
The Falcons and Ravens received the most compensatory picks, with four each, while the Texans, Chiefs and Titans each received the highest-possible pick, with an third-round selection each.

The Texans, who lost Jason Allen, Mike Brisiel, Joel Dressen and Mario Williams (while gaining Bradie James and Donnie Jones) were awarded the highest selection of all teams, netting the 95th-overall pick (33rd pick in the third round).

Since 1994, no one has more compensatory picks awarded than the Ravens with 37, for those fans freaking out about Baltimore's free-agent exodus. (The Packers are next with 31.) And this year, once again, Mr. Irrelevant will be chosen by the Colts, who hold the final pick in the NFL Draft. (Compensatory picks cannot be traded.)

twitter Ello
Old 22-03-13, 05:25 PM   #7
Azreal
Major

it just doesnt look right.

twitter Ello
Old 25-03-13, 07:50 AM   #8
Spiff

Send a message via MSN to Spiff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azreal View Post

it just doesnt look right.

Gonna have to change your sig now, My son is a huge Raven's fan. He is pretty bummed about many of the teams moves. I can understand that they might want to get a younger teams in there.

Tags
2013, chat, season