Lanarchy LAN Events in North London Forum

Go Back   Lanarchy LAN Events in North London Forum > Interests > Sport & Health

Old 31-08-12, 05:55 PM   #1
AndyCr15
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to AndyCr15 Send a message via Skype™ to AndyCr15
Arrow 2012 NFL Season Talk

Wow, the Skins just released Tim Hightower! Whaaaaa!

He was suggested to be the starter!
AndyCr15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-12, 07:37 PM   #2
gob
Warrant Officer

Send a message via AIM to gob

At least no-one drafted him in the Fantasy League

I see Atogwe was released by the Eagles and Robert Griffin has been released.....by the J-E-T-S

Last edited by gob; 31-08-12 at 07:45 PM.
gob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-08-12, 11:43 PM   #3
Azreal
Major

Send a message via ICQ to Azreal Send a message via AIM to Azreal Send a message via MSN to Azreal Send a message via Yahoo to Azreal Send a message via Skype™ to Azreal

You know this is what Shanny uses to determine his RB depth chart.

Anyway Ive heard that the skins are talking about trading wr Armstrong to the Dolphins for Steve Slaton.
Crusaders:FFLUK 2011 Champions
Crusaders:FFLUK 2012 Champions
Crusaders:FFLUK 2013 runners up
Crusaders:FFLUK 2014 Champions
Crusaders:FFLUK 2015 5-8
Crusaders:FFLUK 2016 Champions

twitter Ello
Azreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-12, 09:39 AM   #4
AndyCr15
Administrator

Yeah, I heard they were after Slaton. He used to be with the Texans, right?

Also, a heads up, the first game of the season this year is Wednesday night. I'd assumed it would be Thursday, like usual...
Old 02-09-12, 04:03 PM   #5
AndyCr15
Administrator

MJD has ended his hold out. I feel bad for him, hopefully they will at least wave the $1.2m he owes...

This is his last season of his contract, right? If I were him I would have already decided I would now be looking for a new team at the end of the season.
Old 18-09-12, 07:21 AM   #6
AndyCr15
Administrator

Come on then, I'll raise the subject, where the Rams playing dirty just for that game, or is that the team they now are?

I'm not even sure I have a list of teams I just don't like because of how they play, but the Rams just made it on
Old 18-09-12, 08:40 AM   #7
Azreal
Major

Send a message via ICQ to Azreal Send a message via AIM to Azreal Send a message via MSN to Azreal Send a message via Yahoo to Azreal Send a message via Skype™ to Azreal

They mentioned it on sportscenre and said it probably had more to do with the replacment officials not been able to control the game and the players not respecting them, there were many games over the weekend where fights broke out.

Also from what I recall the Titans played pretty agressively when Fisher was still their HC.

twitter Ello
Old 18-09-12, 09:04 AM   #8
AndyCr15
Administrator

Yeah, I've been reading people saying 'what do you expect with Fisher and Finnigan'. This is quite a good post from a Skins forum -

Quote:
There is a common denominator here in Jeff Fisher ... keep in mind that the Titans had a reputation for being dirty .... remember Hanesworth and his "head stomp" .... and look at Finnegan constantly getting into fights, as illustrated in the famous match with Johnson.

Throughout the game yesterday, the Rams were pushing well beyond the limit all over the field. That attack on Fred Davis's head was not just a personal foul (that didn't get a flag), but should have resulted in an ejection from the game. That was a very dirty hit with the intention of injuring .... and that could have resulted in extremely serious harm. That punk did everything except pull out a .45 and shoot.

Then we had late hits on RG3 ... very late hits, for which Robert briefly mentioned after the game, but was smart enough not to elaborate on. I saw a Rams o-lineman on one play wrap his arms around Fletch ...throw him to the ground, and then jump on top of him and roll over him ... for crying out loud .... Fletch gets up ... and you could see the frustration as he outstretched his arms at the ref ... clearly gesturing ... WTF are you guys doing out here?

These are just a few of the more visible examples ... what is probably going to show up on film is a lot of little things like shoving heads into the ground as a player gets up from a tackle ... a lot of shots to the head and face ... etc. .... that type of stuff happens in every game, but this one, you could clearly see was taking place every snap that the Rams defense was on the field, and was growing more bold and intense as the game progressed and they realized that these idiots in stripes were not going to flag this stuff.

Was Morgan an idiot for doing what he did? Absolutely. He could have played smart ... did a little acting, and let Finnegan's shove knock him over, and drawing a flag, putting the Redskins 1st and 10 on the Rams 15, with a chance to win the game instead of try an impossible field goal. For that lapse, Morgan should be demoted on the depth chart for a time, and give the other guys like Hank or Briscoe some more playing time .. and send a message to the rest that they just can't lose their cool like that.

But lets keep in the back of our minds that Morgan was dealing with Cortland Finnegan ... a notoriously dirty player, and we really don't know how many times during the course of the game that Finnegan may have taken some cheap shots ... since this group of refs were obviously graduates of the Ray Charles school of officiating.

But suggesting that Morgan be cut is ridiculous .... if anyone needs to be cut .. it's the idiot designing the blocking scheme on punt formations .... two weeks in a row, we have someone coming straight up the gut, almost able to tackle the punter with the ball still in his hands. I think it's the same guy who was looking to break the NFL record for blocked FG last year ... and the guy who thought it was a good idea to cut Gano ... a much younger kicker who was really shining on long FGs last year and would have had a much better record had he not have to worry about blocks.

We also might want to ask for an explanation of the strategy for defensive formations that have DBs playing 10 yards off the line all game long .. even on 3rd and 4
The officials were terrible and to be fair, the Rams suffered in a very poor spot leading to their only punt (I think) and the goal line debacle was probably in the Skins favour...
Old 18-09-12, 12:01 PM   #9
Crippler2032
Major

Send a message via ICQ to Crippler2032 Send a message via MSN to Crippler2032

The Rams are definitely more aggressive under Fisher, Finnegan has always been a 'dirty' player, but was by far the best CB available to the Rams this off-season, I'd rather have him on my team than play against him... Jenkins (who I think it was who hit Davis) was an aggressive player in college and was compared to Finnegan pre-draft. Every team is guilty of plays like that every season, If the NFL decides so he'll get a fine etc during the week.

The officiating was awful to both teams, and from what I've seen in most games this weekend... bring back Ed!

'Im Not a crazed gunman dad, Im an Assasin! Well the difference being one is a job, and the others mental sickness!'
Crippler2032 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-12, 05:03 PM   #10
Spiff

Send a message via MSN to Spiff

/rant on

I hate to say it, even though one of the teams I cheer for got the better end of the deal, The NFL and the commish HAVE to do something about the officiating. This past weekend was the worst I have ever seen. To top off the weekend with that call at the end of a great game. Really to bad the call will overshadow that the seahawks defence kept the packer offence in check most of the game.

To add the no call on the Heyward-Bey in my opinion was embarasing. I wonder if the only requirement for these replacement ref's too have a pulse.

/rant off
Old 25-09-12, 07:24 PM   #11
Azreal
Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiff View Post
/rant on

I hate to say it, even though one of the teams I cheer for got the better end of the deal, The NFL and the commish HAVE to do something about the officiating. This past weekend was the worst I have ever seen. To top off the weekend with that call at the end of a great game. Really to bad the call will overshadow that the seahawks defence kept the packer offence in check most of the game.

To add the no call on the Heyward-Bey in my opinion was embarasing. I wonder if the only requirement for these replacement ref's too have a pulse.

/rant off
x2

just embarrasing

twitter Ello
Old 25-09-12, 08:36 PM   #12
AndyCr15
Administrator

I agree it was a bit of a farce... but that's not as easy a call as they made out, is it? I thought the receiver got his hands on the ball (both of them) the same sort of time as the DB?

The pushing off perhaps, was an easier call.
Old 25-09-12, 08:43 PM   #13
Azreal
Major

Never say DHB getting hit, but I did see Joe May's hit on Shaub, he should have been sent off the field straight away.

twitter Ello
Old 25-09-12, 08:53 PM   #14
AndyCr15
Administrator

Yeah, I was amazed by that hit. How much has he been fined?
Old 25-09-12, 09:02 PM   #15
Azreal
Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBain View Post
Yeah, I was amazed by that hit. How much has he been fined?
believe he has been suspended, not sure if he has been fined as well.

twitter Ello

Tags
2012, nfl, season, talk