Lanarchy LAN Events in North London Forum

Go Back   Lanarchy LAN Events in North London Forum > Gaming > PC Gaming

Old 03-05-08, 03:59 PM   #16
Peter Piper
Sergeant

Send a message via MSN to Peter Piper

As everyone here get a DX 10 card with Vista installed, cos i read that it will only run in DX 10. I have a friend who wants to spend a lot of money upgrading their machine just to play this game, but no one here has mentioned the DX 10 issue.

I'll also say that WOW can't be all that bad if people are comparing every new MMO (that comes out) to it. Anyway over 7 million subscribers can't be wrong

Peter Piper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-08, 07:29 PM   #17
Natharn

it doesnt have to run on DX10, and it will run on Windows XP too
Natharn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-08, 10:32 PM   #18
AndyCr15
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to AndyCr15 Send a message via Skype™ to AndyCr15

Right now it will only run on DX9

Who said WoW was bad?
AndyCr15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-08, 09:14 AM   #19
Lestat
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to Lestat Send a message via Skype™ to Lestat

I dunno people compare things to wow cause its the most successful mmo. I have a dx10 card but not using vista conan looks good tho.

Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-08, 02:14 PM   #20
Peter Piper
Sergeant

Send a message via MSN to Peter Piper

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBain
Who said WoW was bad?
Its the feeling i got in parts of Lestat's review

Anyway, thanks for the DX 10 clear up, that should save some money. I've already told her to just invest in a dual core as she's already got a decent gfx and RAM.

Peter Piper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-08, 04:08 PM   #21
Lestat
Administrator

Lol I am playing wow again got a shammie to level 70. my only problem with wow is really the dated graphics, and the simplicity sometimes.

I have to say after trying a assassin and guardian on AoC, I may swop from my usual magic, dps to tank, the guardian is awesome, especially with a sword, finishing moves or the old chop of the head is just great, and blood galore, hurrah for a 18+ game.

Old 06-05-08, 08:56 AM   #22
Lestat
Administrator

Registration for customers with pre-order keys has now opened on http://register.ageofconan.com. Registering with a valid pre-order key (such as the Rhino or Mammoth key) is the unique way to be eligible to purchase Early Access for 5€/5$. This fee includes 10 days of game-time as well as the digital download of the client. Hurry though, because the Early Access is only available while supply lasts!

Note that pre-order items such as the Rhino and Mammoth is not available on Early Access accounts. Once an Early Access account is upgraded with the retail key, the virtual item can be claimed. The originally planned level capping of the Early Access has been removed.

The launch date for early access in Europe has been moved forward! Both the US and EU servers open on the 17th of May (5pm GMT). This date used to be the 20th for the EU servers, thus European players are now getting 6 days of early access until the regular launch on May 23rd!

Old 06-05-08, 09:12 AM   #23
AndyCr15
Administrator

Damn, early activation happens on my busiest weekend of the year yet Saturday is the LAN and Sunday I'm travelling to Bristol to play our first American Football match

I'm a little confused by this though. I've pre-ordered from Play.com, do I need to wait for them to send me a code?

"No creation offers available
Please enter a cdkey to register a new account."

Where would I enter this key anyway?
Old 07-05-08, 10:38 AM   #24
AndyCr15
Administrator

Quote:
Dear Age of Conan beta tester

We hope you are merrily chopping off Pict heads in the Age of Conan Open Beta, and that your journey in Hyboria has been a memorable one so far. You have only seen the beginning though, as we prepare an EPIC ending to your Open Beta experience.

On the 10th of May we are transforming the entire Open Beta into PvP MAYHEM, while at the same time giving you access to all which Hyboria as to offer! That is right, as we take down our servers for a short period we are at the same time changing the entire server rule-set to Free For All PvP carnage! Your servers will ALL become PvP! Participate if you dare, or make a new character and stay in the safety of Tortage!

Details:
• All servers become PvP servers. You can kill each other – no level restrictions on killing or getting killed, but you cannot PvP in the major cities.
• All level 13 characters becomes level 20. Their inventory is wiped, but they have “tons” of money and really nice equipment suitable for level 20’s. Shopping bonanza!
• You have access to ALL zones and ALL levels after level 20!
• You will be zoned to your Race’s Hub (Cimmerians – Conarch Village, Aquilonians – Old Tarantia and Stygians – Khemi)
This means bye bye Tortage! Welcome Hyboria at large, and what a blast you will have. It all starts at level 20, and then it’s up to you, but you can be sure your fellow players will do their best to stop you!

We will get back with detailed information on the exact time it starts on the official Open Beta forums at IGN, as well as on the Age of Conan forums and community site.

You may ask, why skip levels 14-20? The reason is simple – the story. We take it seriously, and we would like for you to experience it at launch.

We urge you to join us for some epic PvP mayhem on the 10th of May, and we hope you will leave Hyboria with a bloodied smile on your face.

Heads will roll!

Sincerely
The Age of Conan development team
Oh crap, I best get my guy up to level 13, quick!
Old 09-05-08, 09:58 AM   #25
HUNTER
Major

Send a message via ICQ to HUNTER Send a message via AIM to HUNTER Send a message via MSN to HUNTER

i can't wait a day!
15/16 4-9-0 | 16/17 9-4-0 | 17/18 6-7-0
HUNTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-08, 05:47 PM   #26
AndyCr15
Administrator

Khan, did you join Lowar? Would you recommend it? I'm gonna need a clan to play with, should I just apply with them I wonder...
Old 11-05-08, 04:27 PM   #27
Khan
Administrator

Send a message via MSN to Khan

Hey mate I did apply but i'm going to see how it goes with the launch. It would be good to join the same server as you so we can chat and join the same guild if either of us find a good one. Maybe when retail server names are mentioned we could coordinate?

Thanks,

Khan
Old 11-05-08, 08:22 PM   #28
AndyCr15
Administrator

Yeah, sounds good to me. I think if we find a clan, Lestat will probably join us there too. I maybe have a couple of friends from work that might be getting it too.

Probably wouldn't be enough of us to make it worth making our own clan/guild though

Khan, do you have Xfire or MSN? Maybe PM me your details? Ta
Old 11-05-08, 08:43 PM   #29
Deviant
Sergeant

Send a message via MSN to Deviant Send a message via Yahoo to Deviant

I am still unsuyre about getting this, i kind of really want to but at the same time, money issues are making me uncertain. If i do get it, and i might still heh, then id definately be up for joining a clan etc.

Although if there was more than 5 of us, it might be an idea to make our own guild/clan whatever for aoc as thats a good number of people that are already in this community and thus would be dedicated to the clan from the start... just a thought.
Old 11-05-08, 08:48 PM   #30
Cannon_Fodder

i've managed to pre-order this through a mate of mine who works for game (the dreaded rip off store).
i'm getting the collectors edition with the free drinks cape and all that stuff for about £20 or something.
so i'll be playing this once i get around to installing it and stuff after i get it
Cannon_Fodder is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
age, conan