Lanarchy LAN Events in North London Forum

Lanarchy LAN Events in North London Forum (http://www.lanarchy.co.uk/index.php)
-   Lanarchy (http://www.lanarchy.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Hi! Introduction: (http://www.lanarchy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=12467)

J808 30-12-10 01:02 PM

Hi! Introduction:

Hey All!

I just joined the Lanarchy forums today and thought it a good idea that I If introduce myself.

I'm J, live in SE London and am a MAC and PS3 gamer. Currently playing L4D, Red Dead Redemption Undead Nightmare, CS:S amongst others (Minecraft...ahem)!

Say hi if you can!

J

AndyCr15 30-12-10 01:08 PM

Hi J, welcome to the forums :)

Wow, you might be our only Mac gamer?

J808 30-12-10 01:26 PM

I'm both honored and embarrassed!

J

Gamith 30-12-10 05:13 PM

I'm probably going to get flamed for this this but that sounds about the right proportion.

Anyway, hi and welcome, and I guess one question is how do you find Steam on the Mac?

ttfn

king_clueless 30-12-10 07:18 PM

Hello there mate, welcome to the forum

Where about are you in SE London? I'm in Bromley myself atm. Make it to a couple of LANs from here as well which I post about here next time I've got one coming.

What you play on your Mac? My clan leader plays on his iMac mate so it's not so exceptional tbh nowadays . . . still wouldn't get one mind :P

just teasing mate :)

J808 30-12-10 09:06 PM

@Gamith - It ran absolutely PANTS when they first ported it over. CS:S was a framey joke which made me suck even more than usual. All that's gone now, apparently there was graphics card issues on MBP's. I was a PC gamer for a long time and I do miss those days! Turned to MAC for work 4 years ago so just don't have need for it anymore.

@K_C hi! I live in Greenwich so I'm not too far outside the city. I moved here from Ireland so I've been looking for a LAN in town. I may have struck gold here!

On Steam at the moment I have Portal, CS:S, L4D 2 and Osmosis. Also I've got AOE 3, Sim City 3000? and the usual bits and bobs!

I used to play Battlefield ALOT, man I loved that game. Also one of my favourites is Gun Game MOD on CS:S. I've played COD through the years but I wouldn't consider myself a big fan. I'm sure it's a big feature @ LANs?

J

snessy 01-01-11 03:37 PM

welcome.

ye it is, COD is playable in LAN's, not like battlefield BC2.

chuckwood 10-11-11 08:19 AM

Looks like a bot...smells like a bot...is it a bot? we shall see! :D

AndyCr15 10-11-11 08:21 AM

Yeah, rather a generic, non-specific intro....

WI'm trying a few different things to try and stop bots, but they register 8 or 9 a day :(

chuckwood 10-11-11 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McBain (Post 136852)
Yeah, rather a generic, non-specific intro....

WI'm trying a few different things to try and stop bots, but they register 8 or 9 a day :(

All good mate, it is a bot as I checked it's page and it links to PC home checker or whatever.
Pity we cannot get some free pr0n ones or something interesting for a change! :group:

HUNTER 10-11-11 08:29 AM

The best plan of action is to set up a simple question on registration like:

What is the colour of the sky?

Bots aren't programmed to provide default values etc for it so they can't register

chuckwood 10-11-11 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HUNTER (Post 136855)
The best plan of action is to set up a simple question on registration like:

What is the colour of the sky?

Bots aren't programmed to provide default values etc for it so they can't register

Nice one Alex!

AndyCr15 10-11-11 08:53 AM

Already been done :-( I'm currently using 'Copy and paste this into the answer box' type stuff, because I read bots can't understand that. Doesn't seem to help :(

Gamith 10-11-11 08:14 PM

I have heard that people are paid peanuts to register on sites - like gold farming but to get around captchas and the like.

sad :-(

ttfn

Jezcentral 18-11-11 01:10 PM

Hi, guys. Do you still do Lanarchy events? I can't find any on the site, and I can't make or tail of the Calendar!

And to introduce myself, I'm a PC gamer in St Albans, which seems to make me unique. I'm not a competitive player, just for fun, and I go to LAN parties as it's an opportunity to game for hours on end, which is a rarity in these adulthood days.

Fun fact: I bought my wife a horse to get her out of the house so I could game more. :)